Located in San Francisco, CA
Software engineer with strong people and management skills, seeking a lead developer or engineering manager role.
As an engineer I care deeply about quality and precision, not only at the code level but throughout the product. I balance attention to detail with a drive to ship, because a product is only as good as its usefulness to actual people. I enjoy creating lucid user experiences and designing robust software architectures.
As a team leader I bring empathy, solidity, and clarity of communication. I enjoy optimizing processes and refining infrastructure so teams are faced with minimal repetitive load and can focus on high-flying creativity.
I seek a vibrant environment of innovation, a strong team practicing Agile methodologies, and a culture of excellence. It is more than a day job, it is a platform to make a meaningful contribution at a global scale.
Lead Developer, Co-founder, Pegg - 2014 - current
- Development: Design, architecture, and implementation of cross-platform mobile game targeted at iOS and Android via PhoneGap.
- Team Processes: Implementing and honing development workflow with agile methods such as pair programming, testing, and continuous integration. Developing launch strategy, setting up processes and workflows to enable rapid response to issues.
- Business Strategy: product design, monetization strategy, marketing strategy, as well as contributing to the company’s mission, vision, and governance models.
- Technology: Famo.us/Flux front-end, Parse/Node backend, Firebase for realtime notifications and chat, Webpack and Gulp build environment, Karma/Chai testing, and continuous deployment to AWS/Cloudfront via CircleCI.
Consultant and Entrepreneur 2008 - 2014
- 2014 - Rapid prototyping of global-graph technologies using XDI. Integration of XDI services with existing Ruby on Rails application. Launched beta cloud name service based on XDI and Node.js.
- Superluminal Systems - 2013 - Helped to develop the Superluminal Learning Management System and launch the first client site. Building data visualizations and UI elements in D3. Wordpress plugin wrangling, development and customization.
- OpenTest Pro, LLC - 2008 - 2012 - Founded the company to provide educational resources relating to automated testing and continuous integration using open source tools in a PHP environment. Technical writing, web application development in Ruby on Rails and Flex, studio voiceover recording, and project management.
- Turnbull & Asser shirtmakers - 2009 - Built a virtual showroom for their bespoke department, allowing users to browse fabrics and place orders. Ruby on Rails backend, Flash frontend.
Web Developer, OnForce, Inc - New York, NY 2006 - 2007
- Introduced automated testing and continuous integration. Implemented comprehensive test suite for the public-facing API.
- Project managed the implementation of Salesforce throughout the company, and oversaw the administration of the application.
- Integrated OnFoce platform with Salesforce APIs to provide up-to-date customer information for sales and support teams.
Development Lead, JBA Network - Asheville, NC 2003 - 2006
- Project manager and lead programmer for mynewsletterbuilder.com. Architected and implemented the initial release, and later oversaw the development team for the project.
- Developed a modular, evented, MVC programming framework.
- Concept development, project management, and programming for other company products and services, including www.jukeboxalive.com and www.byregion.net.
- Systems administration and networking (Linux, Windows).
BA in Mathematics, minor in Computer Science from the University of North Carolina at Asheville (May, 2003)
Clairvision School of Meditation (Nonprofit)
- 2011 - Developed electronic music systems using open source tools. Trained a team of musicians in basic programming. Wrote arpeggiator and sampler patches for SuperCollider. Prototyped Reactable clone in PureData.
- 2000 - Developed Java search engine for knowledge base
Open Source Projects
- Collaborating with the project team to envision and prototype tools for visualizing and navigating the global semantic graph, including augmented reality interfaces, graph visualization, trust and reputation systems, fork-based collaboration, and content-addressable data interchange.
Communities and Conferences